The primary mandate of the Flight Operations department is to ensure safe operations by air operators partaking in the Namibia civil aviation system as per Namibia Civil Aviation Act 2016 (Act No. 6 of 2016) and Namibia Civil Aviation Regulation (NAMCARS)
The main functions of the OPS department include the following:
- Development and amendment of operational regulations and technical standards pursuant to the Civil Aviation Act No. 6 of 2016.
- Development and maintenance of technical guidance material for the industry to ensure compliance.
- Certification of Air Operators.
- Issuance of Foreign Operator Permits (FOPs).
- Surveillance and inspection of Air Operator Certificate (AOC) holders.
- Supervision of Air Operator Instructors and Authorized Examiner.
- Approval of Remote Pilot Aircraft System (RPAS) operations within Namibia.
Our Section Documents