AERONAUTICAL INFORMATION SERVICES
Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) – provision of aeronautical data and information necessary for the safety, regularity and efficiency of both international and national air navigation in Namibian airspace. Aeronautical Information Service consists of five sections:
- The section bears the overall responsibility for the implementation and monitoring processes and work carried out by the service. It is responsible for creating and producing aeronautical maps and charts in accordance with Namibian Civil Aviation Regulations.
- The section is responsible for the publication and distribution of aeronautical information. It provides all elements of the Integrated Aeronautical Information Package (IAIP) AIP Amendment (AIP AMDT), AIP Supplement (SUP), Aeronautical Information Circular (AIC), Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) and Pre-flight Information Bulletinn (PIB), a list of valid NOTAMs and checklists) and additional publications such as Visual Flight Rules (VFR) Manuals and VFR Chart with recommended VFR routes.
- International NOTAM Office (NOF)
- The section is responsible for creation, format, edit and distribution of aeronautical information NOTAM.
- Aerodrome Briefing Office (ABO)
- The section is responsible for provision of aeronautical information (flight plan, pre-flight information bulletin, post flight information report). The Aerodrome Briefing Office use A-CAD SDO database for pre-flight briefing and combining it with other relevant documentation for briefing purposes.
- Overflight and Landing Authorisation
- The section is responsible for granting approval to foreign registered aircraft which intends to overfly or land in Namibia including diplomatic permits.